Third seminar & pitching forum for Greenhouse took place at ESAV, the School of Visual Arts in Marrakech from November 29th – December 5th.
The five intensive seminar days accumulated into a pitching forum event. In attendance were key leaders in the international documentary market.
Among them were:
• Alex Szalat: ARTE France / France
• Cara Mertes: Sundance Institute/ USA
• Dominique Young: Al Jazeera English/ UK
• Jane Ray: BBC Worldwide/ UK
• Ryan Harrington: Tribeca Film Institute/ USA
• Gabrielle Rothenhamyer: MFG-Filmförderung/ Germany
• Gitte Hansen: First Hand Films / Switzerland
During the first days of the seminar, the 20 participants worked on fine tuning their trailers with professional editors: Srdjan Fink (the Netherlands), Paul de Heer (the Netherlands) Catherine Rascon (France) and Cathie Dambel (France) - joined by their mentors & special experts Hans Robert Eisenhauer, John Appel, Bruni Burres, Nenad Puhovski and Steven Seidenberg.
On the final day of the seminar, each of the filmmakers had one-on-one meetings with each of the panel members to further discuss their projects and possible interest from the panel members.