Yonatan Nir, Dani Menkin & Judith Ramon-Manassen / Israel
Dolphin Boy tells the story of Morad , a young Arab-Israeli, who dissociated himself from reality due to a severe trauma. After he is taken by his father for dolphin therapy in the Red Sea, he is gradually brought back to life with the help of the ocean, the dolphins and the unconditional love of his father.
The filmmakers participated in the Greenhouse 4th year program and signed a distribution agreement with First Hand Films at the Greenhouse final pitching forum in December 2009.
Festivals and Awards:
- Hot Docs Film Festival, Canada, 2011.
- Honorary Mention Award at the Woodstock Film Festival, 2011.
- Special Mention Award at the Jerusalem Film Festival, 2011.
- Cinema for Peace, 2012.
- Winner of Audience Award at the Washington Jewish Film Festival, 2011.
- Winner of the Audience Award at the Brooklyn Israel Film Festival, 2012.
- Edge Documentary Film Festival, New Zealand, 2012.
- Nominated at the Israel Academy Awards.
- World Festival of Underwater Images.
- Winner of the Silver Prize at the Mind Media Award.
- Winner of the Audience Award at the Dayton Jewish International Film Festival.
- Mill Valley Film Festival.
- DMZ Docs - South Korea.
- Syracuse Film Festival.
- Other Israel Film Festival.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival.
- Edge Documentary Film Festival – New Zealand.
- ZagrebDox – Croatia (opening film).
- MipDoc 2011 – 3rd most watched film.
Grants & Support:
- New Israeli Foundation for Cinema & Television- Israel
- ARTE - France
- 4 UK Channel - UK
- The Second Israeli authority - Israel