10949 Women Wins Best Documentary Prize
at Les Journees Cinematographiques d'Alger!
10949 Women Wins Best Documentary Prize at Les Journees Cinematographiques d'Alger!
10,949 Women, a Greenhouse film by Algerian director, Nassima Guessoum, received the Grand Documentary prize at the 5th Algiers Film Festival (JCA) 2014.
The film will also participate at The International Filmmor Women's Film Festival on Wheels in Istanbul on March 2015.
In her documentary, Nassima Guessoum tells the story of Nassima Hablal, one of the first women to fight for Algerian independence, as well as her fellow activists and cellmates - A forgotten heroine of the revolution.
Nassima Guessoum participated in the first Greenhouse program at 2006 supported by the EU in the framework of Euromed Audiovisual II.
The film's next screenings are:
- 13th Festival Quintessence Ouidah, January 2015
- 2nd Sudan International Film Festival, Kartoum, Soudan, January 2015
- 18th Festival de Cinéma Maghreb si loin si proche , France, January 2015
- Festival la première Fois, Marseille, France, 14th February 2015
- FESPACO Festival, Burkina Faso Ouagadougou, 28th February - 8th March 2015
- Institute of Islamic culture, February 10th 2015
- French Institute Agadir, Morocco, March 6th 2015
The film was supported by:
- European Documentary Authors Forum - 10th International Festival of script writers - Bourges
- CNC- Laureate writing & development Grants
- Funded by LE GREC aide à la production
- ACSE fonds images de la persité
- LA SCAM bourse brouillon d'un rêve
- Aide à la création : Conseil Général du Val de Marne
- Cinéaste en Résidence Périphérie